Wednesday 8 October 2014

Out of time

This is a Pre-task where we were asked to find an object from home and photograph it from ten different angles. Using the images that I took I have created a 2D representation of a 3D object. I chose to photograph my alarm clock because I am one of those people that feels that time is always against them. In Photoshop I cropped, rotated and redeposited my photos to try and create a cubist representation of this object. I do like this image, but I feel that only taking ten images restricts my arrangement of the photos to create an aesthetically  pleasing and diverse image. Having a wider range of angles to work with would produce a more 3D looking image. I would use Photoshop again to create work like this in the future, but it douse have it limitations in that a collage can be manipulated more easy: in the sense that chopping and reconstitution of the image is far less complicated. I plan to take more photographs of this object and experiment with different compositions using both Photoshop and collage.            

No comments:

Post a Comment